My day started out pretty normal, I went to work, ran some errands and then went over to my moms to work on our project together. Our "project" being my birthday present of her sewing the baby bedding for the nursery. We were almost done and just had to piece together the top to the baby quilt. This is the night of Thursday the 24th. At this time I was 38wks pregnant and starting to really get uncomfortable. Probably from working and being on my feet so much but at the end of the day my back was just killing me. We finished the quilt top and I headed home so I could put my feet up and go eventually go to bed. I had to work in the morning, I needed to finish up a project I had left undone at work which was scattered all over the on call room. I woke up at 6:30am with the feeling that I had been kicked in the bladder and then a gush...Mnnnn I went to check and didn't think my water had broke, so I thought to myself I'll just go into work today and have them check me....I climbed back into bed and 10 minutes later I felt the same thing with a bigger gush of fluid. I knew the that it most likely was my water. I hurry and jumped in the shower so I could clean up and shave my legs and make sure that I looked presentable. :) I then went and woke Chad up and said ready or not we are having this baby today. He was a little flustered. He ran around the house collecting and loading up the car while I got dressed and pulled my hair up. It's roughly 8:30 at this time and my contractions are coming closer and getting more intense so we headed off to the hospital. I swear that was the longest drive. My contractions were every 2-4minutes and very strong. We got to the hospital and they admitted me. They already had 18 women in labor and so they put me into the triage room. I was dilated to a 4 and the contractions were getting more intense. I had a hard time at this point because I kept feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom and so I would hangout in the bathroom. I had always thought about an un-medicated birth and debated it throughout my pregnancy but for my first I decided to go with the epidural. They placed my IV and then got the anesthesiologist to come place my epidural ( I will say that my IV was more painful than the epidural). I was lucky to because the anesthesiologist was headed in to do a c-section so I got my epidural just in time, he gave me a bolus of pain medication because they couldn't hook it up until I was in a room.When they finally had a room available they moved me into the room and got the epidural hooked up. Those epidurals are amazing although I do hate my legs feeling like dead weight! ~big smiles at this point, but it didn't last long
It's roughly 10:45am and I was thinking to myself okay I got the epidural, I'll probably hangout for a bit, maybe take a nap. Chad was starving and was going to go get something to eat. We both thought we had all the time in the word. Wrong! My nurse came in and checked me and said " Yup, Yup you are dilated to a 9! WHAT?! There is no way, Chad and I looked at each other and said that is not funny, you don't joke about that. But she wasn't joking, she said I'll give Dr. Broberg a call and let him know and in about 15 minutes we'll have you start pushing. Oh man I was so not ready for how fast everything was going. I had planned to go over my due date and to have a long and lengthy labor. I pushed for about an hour, and then Dr. Broberg came in and our sweet little boy was born at 12:03pm 7lbs 11oz, 19 1/2 inches, on May 25th.
His cheeks are so swollen because he came so fast!I wish he had stayed chubby, He seems to want to be a little skinny mini. I kept thinking to myself I can't believe they trust us to take him home. I feel so bad though that we didn't get a family pictures of the 3 of us and that the pictures of Chad is the only one we have of him throughout the delivery. :( Also the quality of the pics aren't the best, they were taken with Chads phone. We got to the hospital and the batteries were dead. Bummer. We'll we now know what to plan for the next time!


2 comments:
Even though I've heard it before I loved reading it!!! Chad looks like Jared in that picture. :) can't believe you're headed back to work this week.
Yay! He's a cutie. It was fun to see you at Grandpa's funeral- although the circumstances weren't awesome. How long had it been? 8 years? Shoot! Hope you're adjusted(ing) to the mommy life! XO
Post a Comment